Facilitation: How does it work?
1. Before the meeting/event:
Main objective: Ensure that the intentions are clear and create the conditions for successful collaboration among stakeholders
- The facilitator meets with the commissioner to understand the objective and learn about the team, the working environment and the logistic aspects.
- When clear, s/he develops the relevant facilitation process which will best serve the request and hands over a detailed proposal for approval.
2. During the meeting/event
Main objective: Ensure an efficient participatory process
- The objective and scenario are discussed and implemented with the participants.
3. After the meeting/event
Main objective: Ensure that the work produced is transformed into actions
- Objectives, scenarios, findings, conclusions and recommendations from participants are summarized in a final report.
- Follow-up actions, discussed during the preparation phase, are put into place.